The following is a list of specific goals for the child’s development:
- Help each child know that God loves him or her.
- Teach each child that Jesus is God’s son and that He loves him or her.
- Teach the Word of God, the Bible.
- Teach each child that he or she was created by God as a unique and special person with a purpose.
- Help each child develop a loving relationship with God.
- Help each child develop a positive attitude of self worth.
- Develop a feeling of competence and satisfaction in the mastering of new skills.
- Build a positive attitude toward their education for the present and future.
- Develop a sense of responsibility.
- Stimulate curiosity in a basic educational program in a way the child can comprehend and learn at his or her own pace.
- Provide an environment that will foster the child’s sense of security.
- Encourage courtesy and helpfulness.
- Help the child feel accepted by their teacher and peers.
- Promote sharing with others.
- Develop independent living skills.
- Help the child develop respect, patience, and compassion with himself or herself and with others.
- Provide an emotionally safe and secure loving environment.
- Provide the best substitute for “Parental Love”.
- Provide for the health, safety, and well being of the child.
- Encourage the development of large and small muscle with emphasis on proper play techniques.
- Promote good health exercise and eating habits.
Contact Star Christian School and Child Care Center if you have any questions regarding the specific goals listed above.
“Teach a child in the way he should go;and when he is old he will not depart from it”